Our Therapists are experienced in the treatment of expressive and receptive language disorders, articulation disorders, apraxia of speech, autism spectrum disorders, cognitive delays, sensory processing disorder, learning disabilities, ADD and ADHD, torticollis and traumatic brain injury just to name a few.
Speech Language Pathologist
- Julie Hunt, Speech Language Pathologist, MS, CCC-SLP - Julie has served children with speech/language disorders in Savannah for the past l8 years. She specializes in working with children on the autism spectrum and those using assistive technology. She has experience obtaining funding for communication devices, leading social skills groups and encouraging development of pragmatic skills in natural settings.
- Hannah Hood, Speech Language Pathologist, MS, CCC-SLP - Hannah has experience working with children with a variety of communication disorders in the natural environment(home/daycare) and in a clinic setting. She has worked with children for over 3 years and is GA and SC licensed. She is ASHA certified. She is ASHA certified.
- Caroline Shem-Tov, Speech Language Pathologist, MA, CCC-SLP, - Caroline graduated from Armstrong Atlantic State University with a Master of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders. She has gained a great deal of experience working in the Savannah Chatham County Public School System with children with a variety of communication disorders secondary to autism, developmental delay, cerebral palsy, apraxia of speech, articulation delay, and Downs Syndrome. Caroline is licensed to practice in Georgia
- Shalonda Walker, Speech Language Pathologist, MA, CCC-SLP - Shalonda is a native of Brunson, South Carolina and graduated from Columbia College with a Bachelor of Arts in Speech-Language Pathology. She received her Master of Arts degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology from South Carolina State University. She is a member of the South Carolina Speech Language Hearing Association (SCSHA) and the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) and has a Certificate of Clinical Competence. Shalonda has four years of experience working in the public schools. She has been working in pediatric speech pathology since 2011. She has experience evaluating and treating children with developmental disabilities, articulation/ phonological disorders, language disorders, swallowing difficulties, and fluency disorders. She is SC licensed.
- Randy Kurjan, Speech Language Pathologist, MS, CCC-SLP - Randy has provided speech, language and feeding therapy to young children for thirty-seven years. Randy has extensive specialized training and experience in the area of feeding and working with children with complex medical issues and she has lectured to a variety of university classes on feeding and communication development. Randy is trained and certified in Neurodevelopmental Treatment (NDT) and is a certified member of the Neurodevelopmental Treatment Association. She has extensive training and experience with young children on the autism spectrum and their parents. Randy is a certified Hanen leader for parents of children with language delay and autism spectrum disorders, with Verbal Children on the Autism Spectrum and for parents of Children Who are Late Talkers. She is certified to help teachers become more effective promoters of language development. Randy has training in DIR/Floortime, a variety of oral-motor approaches and Skillful Teaching. Randy and her husband moved in July 2013 to Hilton Head Island, where they are happily embracing the beautiful lowcountry! Randy is SC and MD licensed and is a member of the South Carolina Speech and Language Association, the Maryland Speech and Language Association, and ASHA. Randy has an Advanced Professional certificate from the Maryland State Department of Education as well a Suitable Qualifications Certificate as an Infant-Toddler provider from the State of Maryland.
- Samantha Johnson, Speech Language Pathologist, M.A. CCC-SLP - Samantha has lived in the Lowcountry her entire life, holds a Master of Arts degree in Speech Language Pathology and Audiology from South Carolina State University and has been a practicing Speech-language pathologist for over 3 years. Samantha has experience working with children with a variety of communication disorders in the natural environment(home/daycare) and in the school setting. She is ASHA certified and holds a SC license.
Pediatric Physical Therapist
- Sarah Melroy, Physical Therapist, B.S. Physical Therapy - Sarah has many years experience with pediatric patients. She is trained in Infant Massage, Myofascial Release and pediatric Kinesio Taping. She is GA licensed, CPR certified, and an APTA member.
- Brandi Zetrouer, Physical Therapist, M.S. Physical Therapy - Brandi graduated with her B.S. in Exercise Physiology from the University of Florida and earned her Master’s of Physical Therapy from the University of St. Augustine in 2000. She lives in Pooler and loves being a mother to her 5 and 6 year old. Brandi has over 13 years of pediatric therapy experience with emphasis on treating patients with torticollis, cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, genetic disorders and developmental delay. She has worked in a variety of settings including outpatient, early intervention/home based (Babynet 3+ yrs & Part C in FL 2+ yrs), hospital based (Children's Hospital Savannah, Ga 6+ years) and the school system (4 yrs). Brandi holds her certification in Early Intervention Services and is a APTA credentialed clinical instructor. Her love of incorporating "non traditional" intervention approaches has lead her way to develop aquatic based therapy programs and assists with working with developmental dance and hippotherapy programs. She is GA and South Carolina licensed.
- Holly Fennell, Physical Therapist, M.A. Physical Therapy - Holly has over 8 years of experience with working with children with specific diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Hydrocephalus, Torticollis, Interventricular Hemorrhage, Developmental Delay, Hyper/hypotonia, Equinovarus/valgus, Microcephaly, Seizure Disorders, Noonan's Syndrome, Autism, Sensory Processing Disorder, Barth's Syndrome, Drug addicted babies, Preemies and Trisomy 18. Holly is licensed to practice in Georgia and in Kentucky.
Pediatric Occupational Therapist
- Becky Hobby, Occupational Therapist OTR/L - Becky has been working with children from birth to eighteen years of age for over 10 years in Savannah with multiple varied diagnoses. Becky's treatment skills are diverse, including sensory integration, fine motor development, hand writing skills, visual training, augmentative alternative communication, neurodevelopmental treatment, splinting and serial casting. She is Ga licensed.
- Bernadette Tasso Luce, Occupational Therapist ,OTR/L - Bernadette has over 30 years experience in occupational therapy and 28 of those years have been in pediatrics. She has been self-employed for many years contracting services to schools, home health agencies and outpatient clinics. She has provided therapy for varied disabilities such as cerebral palsy, head injuries, learning disabilities, autism, and other developmental delays. She developed visual motor software called Focus VME that encourages proper tracking and exercise for the eyes. She is GA and SC licensed.