Pediatric Physical Therapy
If you are the parent of a child with special needs or a physical disability, you know that finding the right pediatric physical therapy provider is essential. Southland Therapy Services has been providing quality pediatric PT services to families in the Savannah, GA area for many years. Our passion is to help children reach their fullest potential and improve their quality of life. We provide exceptional pediatric physical therapy services to children and are committed to family support and education. Our team of state and board-certified therapists is dedicated to helping every child we encounter. Contact us today to learn more about our pediatric physical therapy!
What Is Pediatric Physical Therapy?
Our state-licensed physical therapists will evaluate and treat the needs of the pediatric population through a wide variety of modalities. These physical therapists specialize in diagnosing, treating, and managing pediatric and adolescent age children through various congenital, developmental, neuromuscular, skeletal, or acquired disorders/diseases. Treatments focus on improving gross and fine motor skills, balance and coordination, strength and endurance, and cognitive and sensory processing/integration. Children with developmental delays, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, and torticollis are a few patients treated by pediatric physical therapists.
Importance of Pediatric Physical Therapy
The importance of pediatric physical therapy is to help children improve their quality of life and function in school and at home. Pediatric PT can help with a child’s strength, range of motion, gross motor skills (i.e., crawling, walking, running), and fine motor skills (i.e. grasping a toy or using a fork). Our therapists at Southland Therapy Services also work on sensory processing issues and can provide splinting/casting for contractures.
How do I know if my child could benefit from Physical Therapy?
- Not meeting the expected developmental milestones during the first year of life (i.e., rolling, sitting, standing, walking)
- Strong preference for turning their head to one side or using one side of their body
- Walk up on the balls of their feet or walk in an atypical/awkward manner
- Difficulty keeping up with their peers during play
- Not able to perform the same gross motor tasks (i.e., hopping, jumping, skipping) as their peers
- Frequently trip and fall when walking
- Complain of pain when performing gross motor tasks
- They were injured and were not able to perform at their prior level of function
Our programs are designed to help our patients reach their goals while also teaching their families how to provide the support their children need. Additionally, we strive to make the experience as comfortable and natural as possible for our patients, which is why we offer treatment both in our clinic and in the home or daycare of the patient.
Get In Touch With Southland Therapy Services
Pediatric physical therapy is a vital part of helping children with various disorders or diseases improve their quality of life. Our team at Southland Therapy Services is dedicated to working with both children and families to help every child function independently and reach their fullest potential! Contact us today or stop by our Georgia or South Carolina location to learn more about our pediatric physical therapy services!
WE ACCEPT MOST COMMERCIAL AND GOVERNMENT INSURANCES.
BELOW IS A PARTIAL LIST:
- Georgia and South Carolina Medicaid - including Fee for Service; Blue Choice of SC; Amerigroup of Georgia; Peach State Health Plan; Select Health; United Healthcare Community Plan; Absolute Total Care; Palmetto Physician Connections; Primary Physician Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - including BCBS of Georgia, BCBS of South Carolina; BCBS State Health Plan; BCBS Anthem;